API Security Leader
Forum Systems named Market Champion, Market Leader, Overall Leader, Product Leader, and Innovation Leader in KuppingerCole 2021 API Management and Security Leadership Compass for it’s flagship product Forum Sentry.
Industry Leading API Security Innovation
To keep up with API Security threats, you need to use API Security technology. Forum Sentry is a product technology that has built-in capabilities that address all variants of API threats and enable a safe, simple, and secure API architecture.
API Cyber-Security Protection
API Data Transformation
API Data Leakage Protection
API AV Scanning
API TLS Acceleration
API Access Control
API Mobile and Cloud Security
API Data Filtering
API Protocol Conversion
API Legacy Enablement
API Continuous Authentication
Security is critical for a successful API Economy where devices, services, identities, and data are exposed via APIs. API Security is a critical aspect of producing and consuming APIs to protect against threat and compromise. The field of API Security goes well beyond simple access control as it must also consider the actual security of data in motion and at rest which means that the security technology must support encryption, signatures, continuous authentication, auditing, and much more.
API Security has been recognized by OWASP as a significant exposure that should be addressed while deploying APIs. The Top 10 List published by OWASP details the threats and recommended mitigation.
The Forum Sentry product technology protects against all OWASP Top 10 API Threats for assured security in your API architecture.
Understanding API Security Vulnerabilities and Remediation Strategies
Security Vulnerabilities and their remediation strategies are clearly delineated in OWASP Top 10 API Security
The key aspects of protecting APIs include:
- Providing a hardened parser that protects against JSON and XML parsing attacks
- Detecting malware, viruses, and injection attacks such as SQL Injection entering via APIs where the traffic is encoded or encrypted and has to be decoded for threat inspection
- Enabling secure communication via strong ciphers
- Enabling continuous authentication for your APIs so that all requests and responses are continually validated
- Enabling strong authorization and access control schemes for your APIs